In search of a pet healthcare insurance? Let us review the Liberty PetCare insurance with you – eligibility, premiums, coverage, benefits, and restrictions.
[Updated as of April 2017]
I remember that within the first week of bringing me home, mama told papa that she wanted someone to pay for my trips to the vet. I found that really strange. Why would anyone do that? And why doesn’t she just stop sending me to the vet? I don’t find it fun anyway. Humans, in general, seem to like to make simple things complicated.
Well, clearly I am missing something because someone actually started what mama calls, “Singapore’s first pet insurance policy” two weeks ago. According to her, someone would help pay for up to 70% of my vet bills and other events. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
The insured pet must:
- Be microchipped
- Reside regularly in the same premise as you
- Be at least eight weeks old and not more than nine years old at the enrolment date
- Not be a working dog, such as a guide or guard dog
- Not be a dog or cat used for breeding purposes
- Illness arising from any intentional, neglectful, or preventable act
- Liability arising from any intentional or preventable act
- Pre-existing, hereditary, congenital, and skin conditions
- Day-to-day care, including vitamins, supplements, vaccinations, training and grooming
- Damage to teeth and gums unless as a result of an accident
- Illness related to endoparasites or ectoparasites, hip dysplasia, and rabies
- Elective procedures and treatments, such as nail clipping, tail docking and debarking
What’s good about it:
- Pet owners can use any vet in Singapore
- No medical examination is required
- Covers eligible non-surgical vet expenses
- There’s a no claim discount of up to 15%
- Premium remains the same regardless of your pet’s age (eligible for dogs below eight years old, and the policy covers till 10 years old)
What’s not so good:
- The policy excludes quite a few things to keep the premium low, such as skin, hereditary, and congenital conditions
- Coverage isn’t lifetime (up to age 10 only)
Liberty PetCare | Website
You can also email Liberty PetCare representative, Carey at email@example.com or give her a call at 9799 1728 for more information.
Check out Happy Tails Pet Insurance, Singapore’s second pet healthcare insurance here.