Is your dog a fish lover? These bite-sized Salmon and Sardine Balls will guarantee your dog a truly satisfied tummy.
Salmon and Sardine Balls
Serves 2 large dogs / 4 small dogs
What you’ll need:
1 can of sardines (125g)
200g of fresh salmon fillet (or 1 can of salmon, 250g)
1 small sweet potato, cut into cubes
2 small stalks of spinach
- If you are using fresh salmon, steam it over rapid boiling water for 10-15 minutes till it’s cooked
- In a large bowl, mash the sardines and salmon into smaller pieces using a fork
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes till soft, then add spinach and cook for 1 minute
- Drain off the water and add the sweet potato and spinach to the fish mixture
- Mash with a fork until thoroughly mixed
- Shape the mixture into small balls, cool and serve
Note: Choose canned salmon and sardines packed in water with no added salt. Canned sardines are the best choice among canned fish because they are high in omega-3 and less contaminated than large fish.
Tried our recipes? Take a photo, and tag us on social media and #vanillapuprecipes! You may just be in for a surprise 🙂
Cooking isn’t your calling? Shop here instead for Paws Fur Life’s nutritious meals.
DISCLAIMER: Treats are not intended to replace a well-balanced diet, and should only be fed in moderation. Before making changes to your dog’s diet, please consult a trusted canine healthcare professional.