Dog-friendly Oat and Pumpkin Ondeh-ondeh
Now your dog can enjoy a dog-friendly version of ondeh-ondeh, a traditional Nonya tea-time snack! Instead of flour, this simple recipe uses oats and pumpkin for a healthy twist. Enjoy!
What you’ll need:
⅓ cup coconut oil
1½ cups fine rolled oats
½ cup pumpkin
⅓ cup finely shredded coconut flakes
1) Steam pumpkin till soft and mash with a fork
2) Mix coconut oil, oats, and pumpkin in a mixing bowl or a food processor until well combined
3) Scoop up bite-sized amount with a spoon and shape each one into a little ball
4) Toss each ball gently in the coconut flakes until well coated
5) Place the balls on a baking tray lined with bake paper or aluminium foil
6) Refrigerate them for 30 minutes before serving
Wagging tip: This recipe makes about 15 ondeh-ondeh, which can be stored refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Tried our recipes? Take a photo, and tag us on social media and #vanillapuprecipes! You may just be in for a surprise
Cooking not your calling? Shop here instead for Paws Fur Life’s nutritious meals.
DISCLAIMER: Treats are not intended to replace a well-balanced diet, and should only be fed in moderation. Before making changes to your dog’s diet, please consult a trusted canine healthcare professional.