These mini Christmas burgers are the perfect treat for your dog this holiday season. Use a variety of meats for the patties to create a yummy variety!
Not only is a mini burger an appropriate size for your pup, it also allows you to create a variety! Use beef, pork, chicken, venison, whatever your pup likes! But because it’s Christmas, a thick cranberry sauce to jazz up your mini burgers is a must.
Mini Christmas Burgers
Makes 10 mini burgers.
What you’ll need:
300g lean minced meat (beef, pork, or chicken)
125g / 1 can sardines (packed in water)
1 cup baby spinach
2 small sweet potatoes
1 cup frozen cranberries
30 ml water
1) Cut sweet potatoes into ½ – ¾ inch thick slices. Boil the potatoes for about 5 minutes till cooked but not falling apart. Set aside to cool
2) Finely chop the baby spinach
3) Place the minced meat in a bowl, add the sardines, egg, and spinach and mix well
4) Shape the mixture into patties about the size of the sliced sweet potatoes
5) Fry the patties over medium heat for about 2 – 3 minutes on each side or till cooked
6) Separately, place cranberries and water in a saucepan. Stir the mixture over low heat until the cranberries are reduced to a thick sauce (about 5 minutes)
7) To serve: Place a patty on a slice of sweet potato, add some cranberry sauce and top with another slice of sweet potato
Tried our recipes? Take a photo, and tag us on social media and #vanillapuprecipes! You may just be in for a surprise
Cooking not your calling? Shop here instead for Paws Fur Life’s nutritious meals.
DISCLAIMER: Treats are not intended to replace a well-balanced diet, and should only be fed in moderation. Before making changes to your dog’s diet, please consult a trusted canine healthcare professional.