The Frittata is yummy, easy to make and can be customised with various ingredients. Yup, Frittatas will never get boring! Recipe by Paws Fur Life.
Hearty Weekend Frittata (aka Italian Omelette)
The Frittata is hearty and delicious, yet easy to whip up. It makes a perfect lazy weekend choice for brunches, suppers, picnics and parties! You can customise it any way you want with various ingredients – yup, Frittatas will never get boring!
Serves 2 large dogs / 4 small dogs
What you’ll need:
4 large eggs
1 small sweet potato, cut into cubes
1 stalk asparagus, sliced thinly
1 tablespoon green peas
2-3 fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
Handful of grated cheese, optional (you can use cheddar or goat’s cheese)
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes till soft. Remove and drain
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl
- Heat up a non stick frying pan. Fry the asparagus till cooked, then add in green peas and sweet potatoes and cook for another 2 minutes
- Pour in the beaten eggs and add in the parsley leaves and grated cheese
- Cook for 2 minutes and turn off the heat
- Place the pan in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 mins. If you do not have an oven, you can skip this step. Instead, cook the eggs for 2-3 minutes, fold the frittata into half and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the eggs are cooked
- Cool the frittata, chop up and serve
Note: You can substitute the vegetables with potatoes, spinach, broccoli or peppers.
Tried our recipes? Take a photo, and tag us on social media and #vanillapuprecipes! You may just be in for a surprise
Cooking isn’t your calling? Shop here instead for Paws Fur Life’s nutritious meals.
DISCLAIMER: Treats are not intended to replace a well-balanced diet, and should only be fed in moderation. Before making changes to your dog’s diet, please consult a trusted canine healthcare professional.