Hearty Weekend Frittata (aka Italian Omelette)
The Frittata is hearty and delicious, yet easy to whip up. It makes a perfect lazy weekend choice for brunches, suppers, picnics and parties! You can customise it any way you want with various ingredients – yup, Frittatas will never get boring!
Serves 2 large dogs / 4 small dogs
What you’ll need:
4 large eggs
1 small sweet potato, cut into cubes
1 stalk asparagus, sliced thinly
1 tablespoon green peas
2-3 fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
Handful of grated cheese, optional (you can use cheddar or goat’s cheese)
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes till soft. Remove and drain
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl
- Heat up a non stick frying pan. Fry the asparagus till cooked, then add in green peas and sweet potatoes and cook for another 2 minutes
- Pour in the beaten eggs and add in the parsley leaves and grated cheese
- Cook for 2 minutes and turn off the heat
- Place the pan in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 mins. If you do not have an oven, you can skip this step. Instead, cook the eggs for 2-3 minutes, fold the frittata into half and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the eggs are cooked
- Cool the frittata, chop up and serve
Note: You can substitute the vegetables with potatoes, spinach, broccoli or peppers.
Tried our recipes? Take a photo, and tag us on social media and #vanillapuprecipes! You may just be in for a surprise
Cooking isn’t your calling? Shop here instead for Paws Fur Life’s nutritious meals.
DISCLAIMER: Treats are not intended to replace a well-balanced diet, and should only be fed in moderation. Before making changes to your dog’s diet, please consult a trusted canine healthcare professional.
Get $5 off your first Shop Vanillapup order
Our products and suppliers are carefully chosen to ensure that our pets grow up happy and healthy.