Crispy Salmon Cakes
Makes 20 patties
Takes 50 minutes
What you’ll need:
500g fresh boneless salmon fillet
1/2 cup baby oats
1 small carrot
1-2 stalks fresh parsley
- Cut the salmon fillet into chunks. Steam the salmon over rapid boiling water for 10-15 minutes till salmon is cooked
- Transfer salmon to a mixing bowl, and using a fork, break the steamed salmon into smaller pieces
- Shred or finely grate the carrots
- Finely chop the parsley
- Add carrots, parsley, oats and eggs to the salmon, and mix well
- Shape the mixture into patties of about 1/4 inch thickness
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan and gently fry the salmon patties for 3-4 minutes on each side
- Alternatively, bake the patties in an oven at 150°C for 10 minutes, flip the patties over on the other side, and bake for another 5 minutes
- Cool before serving
Note: Never feed your dogs raw salmon, which may carry harmful parasites.
Tried our recipes? Take a photo, and tag us on social media and #vanillapuprecipes! You may just be in for a surprise
Cooking isn’t your calling? Shop here instead for Paws Fur Life’s nutritious meals.
DISCLAIMER: Treats are not intended to replace a well-balanced diet, and should only be fed in moderation. Before making changes to your dog’s diet, please consult a trusted canine healthcare professional.
Get $5 off your first Shop Vanillapup order
Our products and suppliers are carefully chosen to ensure that our pets grow up happy and healthy.