Valentine’s Day is next week so show your pup some love by baking something pink and yummy!
Have a sweet Valentine’s Day 🙂
Be My Valentine Cookies
What you’ll need:
1/4 cup beetroot (about 25g)
1/4 cup chopped apples
1 cup brown rice flour
1) Cut the beetroot into smaller pieces and drop them into a pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes or until the beetroot is cooked. Remove and set aside to cool
2) Puree the beetroot and apples
3) Place the brown rice flour into a mixing bowl, add the egg, and mix well. Slowly add the pureed beetroot and apple mixture until it forms a dough. If the dough is too wet, add a bit more flour
4) Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper
5) Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut it into desired shapes with a cookie cutter
6) Bake for 15 minutes
Wagging tip: Beetroot gives these Valentine cookies an all natural pink colour. This recipe makes about 200g of cookies and can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks, or frozen for two months.