Halloween is around the corner and we will pick treats over tricks anytime! We also bet your pups will be pawing you for these delicious Halloween pumpkin cakes.
Halloween is coming up and we will pick treats over tricks anytime! Instead of the usual treats your dog gets, why not make something special for the festival? We’ll bet your pup will love these warm and fragrant pumpkin cakes by Paws Fur Life. Just talking about it makes me drool!
Mini Halloween Pumpkin Cakes
Makes 7 mini cakes.
What you’ll need:
½ cup fresh or canned pumpkin puree
¾ cup brown rice flour
1 small ripe banana, mashed
½ cup blueberries
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the pumpkin frosting:
4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
4 tablespoons plain Greek yoghurt
1) If you are using fresh pumpkin, dice the pumpkin and boil it till soft. Mash it with a fork or puree in a blender
2) Place the flour in a mixing bowl and add in the pumpkin puree, mashed banana, egg, cinnamon, and coconut oil. Mix till well blended and batter is smooth
3) Add the blueberries to the batter and gently fold them in
4) Spoon the batter into muffin moulds or cupcake liners till ¾ full
5) Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175°C for 15 minutes
6) Leave to cool
7) Mix the pumpkin puree and Greek yoghurt. Spoon the mixture over the cooled cakes and spread evenly. Sprinkle the finely chopped parsley (optional)
Wagging tip: If you are using canned pumpkin puree, ensure that it is 100% pumpkin puree with no added salt or sugar.
Tried our recipes? Take a photo, and tag us on social media and #vanillapuprecipes! You may just be in for a surprise
Cooking not your calling? Shop here instead for Paws Fur Life’s nutritious meals.
DISCLAIMER: Treats are not intended to replace a well-balanced diet, and should only be fed in moderation. Before making changes to your dog’s diet, please consult a trusted canine healthcare professional.