Which pup wouldn’t like a salmon cake that’s crispy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside? This is what makes life worth drooling!
Crispy Salmon Cakes
Makes 20 patties
Takes 50 minutes
What you’ll need:
500g fresh boneless salmon fillet
1/2 cup baby oats
1 small carrot
1-2 stalks fresh parsley
- Cut the salmon fillet into chunks. Steam the salmon over rapid boiling water for 10-15 minutes till salmon is cooked
- Transfer salmon to a mixing bowl, and using a fork, break the steamed salmon into smaller pieces
- Shred or finely grate the carrots
- Finely chop the parsley
- Add carrots, parsley, oats and eggs to the salmon, and mix well
- Shape the mixture into patties of about 1/4 inch thickness
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan and gently fry the salmon patties for 3-4 minutes on each side
- Alternatively, bake the patties in an oven at 150°C for 10 minutes, flip the patties over on the other side, and bake for another 5 minutes
- Cool before serving
Note: Never feed your dogs raw salmon, which may carry harmful parasites.
Tried our recipes? Take a photo, and tag us on social media and #vanillapuprecipes! You may just be in for a surprise
Cooking isn’t your calling? Shop here instead for Paws Fur Life’s nutritious meals.
DISCLAIMER: Treats are not intended to replace a well-balanced diet, and should only be fed in moderation. Before making changes to your dog’s diet, please consult a trusted canine healthcare professional.