A healthy burger patty for dogs? We’re in! It’s easy, nutritious and nose licking good. New recipe by Paws Fur Life monthly.
Doggie Burger Patties Recipe
Serves 2 large dogs / 3-4 small dogs
Takes 40 minutes
What you’ll need:
500g minced meat
1 large egg
1 small organic carrot
1/2 cup organic French beans or long beans
1 tablespoon baby organic oats (optional)
- Grate carrots and finely chop the beans
- In a large bowl, beat the egg with a fork
- Add the minced meat, carrots, beans and oats to the bowl and mix thoroughly
- Divide mixture into eight portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball. Press the ball into a patty about ½ inch thick.
- Place the burgers on a baking tray and bake at 1500 C for 10 minutes. Turn the burgers over and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Alternatively, cook the burgers in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Allow burgers to cool to room temperature before serving.
Note: The oats helps to absorb the moisture but can be omitted for a grain free burger. Vegetables should be finely chopped or grated to aid digestion.
Tried our recipes? Take a photo, and tag us on social media and #vanillapuprecipes! You may just be in for a surprise 🙂
Cooking isn’t your calling? Shop here instead for Paws Fur Life’s nutritious meals.
DISCLAIMER: Treats are not intended to replace a well-balanced diet, and should only be fed in moderation. Before making changes to your dog’s diet, please consult a trusted canine healthcare professional.